The library of the Yagshygeldi Kakayev International oil and gas university (HNGU)was established in 2012. Currently, the library fund of the university consists of 113,184 books. The library's collection includes 29,793 books published in Russian and other foreign languages and 83,391 books published in Turkmen.
The library is located on the 1st and 2nd floors of the main building of the university (reading rooms with 296 seats on the 1st floor and 248 seats on the 2nd floor).
The library's collection consists of scientific and technical, socio-political publications, textbooks and manuals,fiction books, newspapers and magazines. The library fund is constantly replenished with textbooks and teaching aids provided by the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan.
In the reading room of the library, all conditions have been created for students to use various literature.
Since 2012,an electronic library has been operating in the library. There are 96 computers connected to the electronic system in the electronic library, and 6748 electronic books are placed in it, from them 3005 books are in Turkmen and 3743 electronic books are in Russian and other foreign languages.
The library organizes exhibitions, reading seminars,creative meetings with scientists, writers, poets, artists dedicated to the speeches of the President of Turkmenistan, political, literary-artistic,scientific and encyclopedic books of the National Leader of the Turkmen people Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
The main activities of the library:
· to promote quality education and the development of scientific and innovative works by creating a library fund in accordance with professional directions, educational programs and information needs of the university;
· expanding the range of information and bibliographicservices provided to readers by large and specialized libraries;
· popularization of information and bibliographic knowledgeamong students;
· selection, collection and systematization of thelibrary fund;
· quick access to information and funds for the maingroups of readers;
· creation of effective information retrievalcapabilities in printed and electronic forms of publications;
· maintaining interaction with faculties, departments and research centers of the university in order to provide information about services, library fund, as well as educational, innovative and scientific activities;
· ensuring the safety of the library funds;
· informing about the services offered by the library.
Information and libraryproviding in IUOG educational and research works:
· providing userswith effective services in documents and electronic sources, electronicresources and information-bibliographic services, education and variouspublications in reading rooms and bookstores;
· consulting users,fulfilling all types of orders;
· maintaining linkswith the university's faculties, departments, and research departments toprovide information on services, library resources, and accelerating services,as well as information support for education, innovation, and research;
· personalinformation services of teachers, specialists and graduate students;
· to provide informationon newly received, previously existing electronic sources in the library, theprocedure for obtaining their access;
· electronicapplication and database use services from other libraries.
- Address: 744036, Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Archabil prospect, 8,Administration block, 1st store, room 113
- Tel: (+99312) 39-13-16
- Faks: (+99312) 39-14-00