The Scientific and Technical Library is a structuraldepartment of Yagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University (IOGU).
The library ofYagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University was established in 2012. At present, the library fund ofYagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University consists of 111779 copies. The library fund has 29435 books in Russian and foreign languages, and 82344 books in Turkmen.
There are scientific and technicalpublications, textbooks, fiction, political-public, newspapers and magazines inthe library fund. The library fund is regularlyreplenished with political, artistic and tutorial books from the “Bilim”Education Center of the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan.
Thelibrary has all the necessary conditions for students to study.
Thelibrary has been running an electronic library since 2012. The electronic library has 96 computersconnected to the electronic system, and 6715 electronic books are currentlyposted and available to readers. Thereare 3728 electronic books in Russian and foreign languages, and 2987 electronicbooks in Turkmen.
The mainactivities of the library are
· to promote the quality of education of university students and thedevelopment of scientific and innovative activities of the university bycreating a library fund in accordance with the profile of the university,educational programs and information needs of users;
· expanding the scope of information and bibliographic services provided tousers by large and specialized libraries;
· disseminating information-bibliographic knowledge through individualinterviews with students;
· book fund selection, collection, systematization;
· quick access to information and access to the funds for key user groups;
· making it possible to search for effective information in printed andelectronic versions of documents;
· ensuring the safety of the funds;
· reporting on services provided by the library, etc.
Information and libraryproviding in IUOG educational and research works:
· providing userswith effective services in documents and electronic sources, electronicresources and information-bibliographic services, education and variouspublications in reading rooms and bookstores;
· consulting users,fulfilling all types of orders;
· maintaining linkswith the university's faculties, departments, and research departments toprovide information on services, library resources, and accelerating services,as well as information support for education, innovation, and research;
· personalinformation services of teachers, specialists and graduate students;
· to provide informationon newly received, previously existing electronic sources in the library, theprocedure for obtaining their access;
· electronicapplication and database use services from other libraries.
- Address: 744036, Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Archabil prospect, 8,Administration block, 1st store, room 113
- Tel: (+99312) 39-13-16
- Faks: (+99312) 39-14-00