The Scientific and Technical Library is a structural department of Yagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University (IOGU).
The library of Yagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University was established in 2012. At present, the library fund of Yagshygeldi Kakayev International Oil and Gas University consists of 102173 copies. The library fund has 29,406 books in Russian and foreign languages, and 72,767 books in Turkmen.
There are scientific and technical publications, textbooks, fiction, political-public, news papers and magazines inthe library fund. The library fund is regularly replenished with political, artistic and tutorial books from the “Bilim” Education Center of the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan.
The library has all the necessary conditions for students to study.
The library has been running an electronic library since 2012. The electronic library has 96 computers connected to the electronic system, and 6397 electronic books are currently posted and available to readers. Thereare 3720 electronic books in Russian and foreign languages, and 2677 electronic books in Turkmen.
The main activities of the library are
- to promote the quality of education of university students and the development of scientific and innovative activities of the university by creating a library fund in accordance with the profile of the university, educational programs and information needs of users;
- expanding the scope of information and bibliographic services provided tousers by large and specialized libraries;
- disseminating information-bibliographic knowledge through individual interviews with students;
- book fund selection, collection, systematization;
- quick access to information and access to the funds for key user groups;
- making it possible to search for effective information in printed andelectronic versions of documents;
- ensuring the safety of the funds;
- reporting on services provided by the library, etc.
Information and library providing in IUOG educational and research works:
· providing users with effective services in documents and electronic sources, electronic resources and information-bibliographic services, education and various publications in reading rooms and book stores;
· consulting users, fulfilling all types of orders;
· main taining link swith the university's faculties, departments, and research departments to provide information on services, library resources, and accelerating services, as well as information support for education, innovation, and research;
· personal information services of teachers, specialists and graduate students;
· to provide information on newly received, previously existing electronic sources in the library, the procedure for obtaining their access;
· electronic application and database use services from other libraries.
- Address: 744036, Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Archabil avenue, 8, Main building, 1st store, room 113
- Tel: (+99312) 39-13-16
- Faks: (+99312) 39-14-00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: iogu.edu.tm